Tips for Successful Interviewing
- Punctuality: If you arrive fifteen minutes early, the interviewer will know you are serious about your interview, and a potential position.
- Preparation: Researching the company before the interview helps you further understand the industry and the position you are applying for. Bring your updated resume, contact information of your professional references and certifications you may have achieved.
- Practice: Anticipate the questions you may be asked and rehearse your responses. How would your skills be a great fit for the position?
- Politeness: Greet the employer with a firm handshake and make eye contact. Listen carefully to the questions being asked of you so you can provide strong answers. Do not be afraid to pause before answering a question so your answer is well thought out.
- Positivity: Talking about the skills you've acquired and what you've learned from prior positions can help identify your strengths and weaknesses. Answering questions about your experience will help match your skills with the best fit position.